Welcome to the inner mind of Hikari! Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Sunday, September 4, 2011

City Hunter

  
Based on Japanese Manga
Written by: Tsukasa Hojo
Episodes: 20
Genre: Action, Romance

I was so eager to watch this drama ever since I heard Lee Min Ho was playing the main character. He did an amazing job in Boys before Flowers and he held the drama together in Personal Preference so I was wondering how he will do in this one. I must say...he is one talented man. Not to mention good looking as well. The dude knows how to act and deliver his lines. He has grown up from the boyish looks of Gu Jun Pyo and into a man of Lee Yoon Sung. He has a knack for playing the independent man and suffering silently.  He displayed that a lot in City Hunter. Of course the scenes with Park Min Young were so cute. Kim Na Na and Lee Yoon Sung make a good couple. I was a bit disappointed at the ending...they could've ended so much better! I don't like cliffhanger endings, I don't want to make my own ending. The typical "riding off into the sunset"...the lonesome hero. *sighs*
And why did they kill off the Prosecutor! I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure if that's what exactly happened but he was finally getting his life together with the doctor! That was just so sad. I cried with Jin Soo Hee ;_; It just goes to show that everything good eventually dies. Justice ends up defeated.
I really loved this drama:
1) it shows the true colours of an individual controlled by greed and power.
2) the reality is not so sweet and sugar coated but of course they had to have some happy endings..after all it is a drama
3) the relationships between the characters were close to realistic. And of course every female wants their mother in-law to be accepting.
4) the wardrobe! everything Lee Yoon Sung wore was splendid oh and I am not forgetting the rest of the characters as well.
5) even though it was a drama, nobody went crazy ballistic and settled things calmly but secretively.
6) the OST was intense! I really love Suddenly by Kim Bo Kyung and the original score. Every time Lee Yoon Sung would go on his missions or an episode was ending the suspense was added with the music.
Anybody who loves a drama about politics and action, definitely needs to watch this!

Now I will add a billion pictures as a tribute :)























credits: Viki
wiki.d-addicts
And all the websites that I got these pictures from. All Rights Reserved. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah. I love this drama. Read Art of War and read it with the commentary, it has a City Hunter like satisfaction to it. Besides I always liked strategy games, pure luck is never enjoyed as much and something earned by a well thought out plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Art of War by? When did you read it?

    ReplyDelete