Welcome to the inner mind of Hikari! Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's Okay

Come Rain Come Shine
 
    

Trailer
Woman: "I've made up my mind, I'm leaving you"
Man: "Can I help you pack...is this the last room? "
Woman: "You are too nice, you help your unfaithful wife pack...Why aren't you mad at me?"
Man: "Can I change you once you've made up your mind?"
Woman: "Do you know how selfish that is?"
Screen: I wish I could hate you

Other Man: "It's me, you haven't changed your mind, have you?"
Man: "I wish I could get rid of things with no regrets...You should throw this out"
Woman: "Why? You made this for me...
Maybe it's the rain but somehow it tastes better today"
Man: "Really, I'm okay"
Woman: "I'm okay...those seem to be your favourite words...
The bridge is blocked due to the flood"

Screen: Can't we just start all over again?


subtitles

Genre: Melodrama, Romance
Actor: Hyun Bin as Ji Seok
Im Soo Jeon as Yeong Sin

This was an amazing movie. Personally, I am a big fan of mundance, psychological movies and this caught my attention, from the start. Also I am big fan of Hyun Bin's work ever since I watched him with Lee Yeon Hee in A Millionaire's First Love. The story is about a 5 year married couple that spent their last day together forced to stay inside their house by a rain storm.

Let me just say...I think I'm in love with the director, Lee Yoon Ki! I love his use of camera, lighting, costume and dialogues that deliver this master piece.

This is not a fast-paste action movie or a comedy, you really have to sit down calmly and watch it with every detail. Every action and expression matters, every angle of the camera matters in showing the hidden meaning. I love this one scene where there is a camera at the top of the staircase and both characters walk the opposite direction. The wife moves up the steps while the husband stays below. Even though they both are walking in the same direction they both are heading into a different path. :) This movie shows the inner tensions between each character as the distance keeps growing but also trying to maintain it. Not to mention, the constant solitary shots of each character beside a rain drop window background...such a melancholy moment! lol

I'm having fun just writing about this. I can watch this movie over and over not get bored :P
Definitely recommend it for those who want to see into the inner functions of the human heart.






credits: Hancinema
You tube

No comments:

Post a Comment