Welcome to the inner mind of Hikari! Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stairway to Heaven


Episodes: 20
Genre: Romance, Drama
Actors: Kwon Sang Woo as Cha Song-Ju
Choi Ji Woo as Han Jung-Suh
Kim Tae Hee as Han Yu-Ri
Shin Hyun Joon as Han Tae-Hwa

Synopsis: Cha Song-Ju and Han Jung-Suh have been childhood friends. They have been there for each other at every moment, whether it be the death of Han Jung-Suh's mother or the death of Cha Song-Ju's Father. One day Han Jung-Suh's Father remarries and she gains a step-sister, Han Yu-ri (same year) and step-brother, Han Tae-Hwa (1 year younger). Soon the plot for destroying and stripping everything Han Jung-Suh had begun. Her step-mother and step-sister took over her life and denied her of everything. After a few days Cha Song-Ju leaves for abroad studies, Han Jung-Suh forced to stay and fend for herself. Luckily her younger brother was there to defend her. And so this begins the story of Cinderella and her not-so-sane family.

I watched this drama during the summer of 2006..that was my first Korean drama ever. I was recommended this from a friend and I cannot thank her enough for it. As I was first watching it, I took notice of a lot of things..it was different from the western style dramas. Mainly because the language was foreign to me and trying to catch up with every subtitled dialogue was a task, on top of that the dramas are one hour long. I kept thinking what could they possibly put for an hour in an episode but it turns out there is so much that can happen...this drama is so sad. You will not stop crying from start to end. At least I know I cried immensely. I fell in love with the two main characters simply because the whole time they kept trying to be together in the most fairest way possible. Against all odds they kept pushing for each other. Now if that isn't true love then I don't know what it is. Also, Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo did an amazing job performing their characters. Those two will forever be my favourite actors. Also, Kim Tae-Hee and Shin Hyun Joon performed well. This drama has all the emotions a person can feel and all the seven sins expressed. It is interesting how people will act if you give them a little money and luxurious items. It taught me to always have love, hope and faith. 

I highly recommend this drama for people that have lost hope in life, love an honest love story, need to see actors that can act, and just plain enjoying an epic tale. Be prepared to have a box of tissues beside you. :) 




 
photo credits: yHan's Dairy
http://yhan-diary.blogspot.com/
credits: Wiki addicts
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Stairway_to_Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment